Thursday, December 10, 2009

Remember Me

I've seen both of the Twilight films, and while they're enjoyable, I always thought that the romance between Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart's characters seems so forced. I don't know why, but I just am not a fan of Stewart and her version of Bella always seems so nervous and off when on-screen with the adorable Pattinson...and it's exactly this reason that has me super curious to check out the movie Remember Me. Pattinson's love interest in this is none other than Emilie de Ravin, best known as Claire from Lost. From the trailer, I think it looks to be quite an intersting movie, and I also hope Chris Cooper has a big role, because he's always great.

Of course no post here would be complete without mentioning some music, and the trailer has two songs that really caught me ear. First, there is an acoustic guitar-based song that plays in the first half of the trailer, and I've been dying to figure out what it is - googling like a mad woman in between my studies. Any of my readers have the skinny for me?

Next, there is a song I DO know, and that's "Asleep" by The Album Leaf, which is the beautiful song that starts playing about halfway through. RIYL Explosions in the Sky, The Album Leaf make these awesome sounding mini-symphonies featuring great use of guitar and synthesizers that sound like other instruments...great evocative music that quite often fits the many rainy days we experience here in Seattle.

Check out the trailer for Remember Me below, and again, please if anybody can ID the other song I'd be very grateful.


The Album Leaf on MySpace

1 comment:

  1. Music in Remember me trialer is called Dream on by the Chemical brothers - both the acoustic-guitar and the later instrumental bits are part of one song

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVRpKNs7QCc

    ReplyDelete