Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Radio Freq Soundtracks Styl'd

Whew. Finals have been kicking me straight in the rear for the last few weeks, which has been putting a real wrench in my TV schedule. Luckily for me, I haven't really missed Styl'd, because they've been spacing out the episodes more than a week apart lately. For once, that actually sits well with me. Anyway, in last night's episode, the team got to prepare The Academy Is, Nicole Richie, and Fallout Boy. While I thought they came up with quite a bad look for Nicole (that headband just doesn't go well with somebody who has such buggy eyes), they did a great job with The Academy Is and Fallout Boy and overall it was another fantastic episode of one of my favorite new shows, which is also quickly establishing itself as one of the better shows when it comes to music. I've already blogged about their use of TV/TV, and now they've included another great band that knows how to incorporate synthesizers into their brand of rock n' roll, and that's Radio Freq.

Radio Freq's "Feel the Beat" makes you do exactly as it commands and really makes me wish I was on the dance floor instead of in my room taking a quick study break to blog. Like TV/TV, this band I think outdoes The Killers and The Bravery at their own game, and I think it's just a matter of time before radio stations start catching on to this awesome crew of upstarts.

No comments:

Post a Comment