Sunday, December 20, 2009

According To Greta

With dead weak over and now finals almost upon me, you would think I would be extremely bummed right now, but I'm not, partly because I don't have any truly scary finals, and party because I just got to see the incredible new film According To Greta. Starring Hilary Duff in a role that I predict will help launch a new phase in her career, the movie puts her as a 17 year old suicidal girl as she arrives at her grandparents' home in Jersey shore for the summer. Evan Ross (son of Diana Ross - yes, the Supreme herself) plays her love interest in this great coming of age movie. With a great cast, supreme acting, and a good 'indie' feel to it, I think According To Greta is easily the most underrated movie of the year and if you have a chance to see it (it has a limited theatrical release), you should take advantage of this.

Beyond what I consider an absolute breakthrough performance by Duff, the movie also was smart enough to set the tone early with the great Americana sing-a-long "I Wanna Die" by Jolie Holland, which plays during the opening credits.



No comments:

Post a Comment