Friday, March 27, 2009

The Promise Ring to Return?

One of my all-time favorite albums from one of the first "indie" bands I liked was Nothing Feels Good by The Promise Ring. Unfortunately, I didn't hear of this band until after they had already broken up, but just this last week I heard "Raspberry Rush" while one of my roommates was watching that new Patrick Swayze show, "The Beast." I'm pretty sure it is unusual for tv shows to use a song that old (album came out back in 1997!), especially for a band that wasn't huge on MTV or anything, so I got to thinking that maybe, just maybe this was a sign that The Promise Ring were reforming, or at least for another one-off show like they did a few years back. Sadly, I haven't been able to find anything about this possibility...but in case you've never heard this band before, I highly reccomend you check this tune out.

Hopefully I can find a clip of the scene to ad to this post soon. Anybody got a link?

No comments:

Post a Comment