Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Sometimes you find songs in the weirdest places...

So I was at a friend's house the other day and her boyfriend was watching hockey. During one of the commercial breaks I actually got distracted from my New York times crossword (and this was on a Friday, when those things are TOUGH and I'm 100% focused!) by the song blasting from the TV - low and behold, it was Shapes of Race Cars, one of my favorite new bands of '09.

I'd say their sound kind of splits the difference between Kill Hannah, Jimmy Eat World, and Queens of the Stone Age, which works for me. I thought I was one of the only people 'in the know' about this group, but I guess other people have noticed now. Ironically, the ad was for Nascar and a Gillette razor. See it below.



No comments:

Post a Comment