Thursday, March 19, 2009

Pop Culture Song of the Week

Each week, I will select my favorite song that I find embedded in pop culture from that week. What is 'pop culture' you ask? I ask myself the same question! It could be playing at the bowling alley while I'm there sharpening up my skills. It could be on a TV show. Who knows?

So without further adieu, let's meet the first ever Song of the Week, "Before It Gets Better," by Earlimart. I saw this on the *sniff* last episode of Kyle XY on Monday, and it was a great going away song. As soon as the episode was over, I read some beautiful eulogies on KyleXy.net's forums and then moved on to discovering this song.

I love the when the singer leans into the line, "it's a bloodbath," - it makes for a great happy music/sad lyric, spine-tingling moment. I've been looking on YouTube or a clip, but can't find one. For now, check out this shakey clip of the band playing the song live.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment