Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Piggy Bank

OK, I admit it. I have a slight obsession with a handful of reality tv shows. Some of these are even kind of stupid shows that I know I should feel guilty about. Does it make it OK if these shows at least feature legit music?

Paris Hilton's My New BFF is in it's second season, and (surprise) Paris is no longer friends with the winner of the first season, Brittany Flickinger. So, in order to make sure this doesn't happen again, she's ramping up the challenges this season. This week's episode finds her BFF's facing the challenge of preparing a dinner for Paris and her friends and family. As I sat prepared to delight in their mishaps (the girls didn't even realize that you had to gut the duck they purchased), I was pleasantly surprised to hear the perfect song accompany them on their trip to the farmer's market - "Piggy Bank" by Jet Stream. Though it's a great song, I found it hilarious to hear the line, "Money makes the world go 'round," during this little montage - think Paris can relate to that lyric at all? LOL. 

For those of you who don't know, Jet Stream is a band featuring Stephen Bradley, a talented multi-instrumentalist who played with No Doubt from Tragic Kingdom until their hiatus. No word on whether or not he's part of the No Doubt reunion, but he's doing well for himself with Jet Stream, one of the most danceable bands I've heard in awhile. I love how I can't really classify their sound - is it hip hop? Is it just straight dance music? Indie synth-rock? I don't know. I don't care. It's awesomeness.



Jet Stream on MySpace

No comments:

Post a Comment