Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Earlimart on Rockville

Let's just come out and say this right now : More than any singular person that I don't actually know, Josh Schwartz (and his go-to music director, Alexandra Patsavas) has shaped my musical taste over the years. Yes, The OC and Gossip Girl creator has introduced me to a lot of good stuff over the years, from Imogen Heap's "Hide and Seek," and Alexi Murdoch's "Orange Sky" on the OC, to "Hang Me Up to Dry" by Cold War Kids on Gossip Girl, I've found scads of great music through Mr. Schwartz's shows. 

Rockville CA is the latest show from the obviously musically-inclined Schwartz's mind, and although sometimes I feel a little trashy checking out these quick web-only episodes, I always come back because there IS great music, and let's be honest, sometimes the show's drama is too much to resist. As any follower of this blog knows, I love Earlimart, and they recently made an appearance on the show, playing "Song For" and "God Loves You the Best," in addition to sticking around for a must-see interview. Check out the performance of "Song For" below, and head on over to Rockville's website for the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment