Friday, May 8, 2009

Song of the Week

Another week has gone by, and Ugly Betty has delivered another great episode and another great ending song again! 

This week's song is "Layers" by Asobi Seksu, and it plays just as Betty 
re-unites baby William with her rightful parents, Christina and Stuart. In a sad turn of events that I didn't want to see happen, Christina tells Betty that she and Stuart are returning to Scotland to raise baby William there, just as the lush vocals of "Layers" begin tugging at your tear ducts.

I'm not going to lie, I definitely cried a little during this ending...somehow 
it reminded me of the ending of Edward Scissorhands when the beautiful theme music plays and Kim explains that she knows Edward is still alive because it never snowed before he came. The tune has some similarities, and I guess I just got caught up in the emotion. Check out a video clip of this poignant scene below:

Asobi Seksu on MySpace

1 comment:

  1. I know, I cried too! I'll miss Christina. It was a great episode.

    ReplyDelete